traditions while voicing their concerns and feelings from inside true Bible adventures. The stories stress that our Father God wants us to know and love Him, He always keeps His promises, He always answers our prayers, and His plans are infinitely better than our own.
The Story of Glops series strikes the perfect balance between reality and fantasy in the genre of children’s literature. The writing style and photos are appropriate for school-age children giving them and their adults opportunities to imagine how life was in Biblical times. These stories are presented in a way that captures the imagination of anyone of any age who reads them.
Land of Milk and Honey is now an audiobook available on Amazon and Audible. It will soon be available on iTunes, too.
Ruth is available in paperback and ebook on Amazon. The launch date is August 3 (Tuesday). I love this book. It is a welcome short story, about love and devotion, after the wars and death in Land of Milk and Honey.
I updated books and ebooks today. Several covers are slightly changed, so slightly that only I may notice. Some of the back material changed, but the stories are the same.
Handouts are updated, too. They include bookmarkers, business cards, flyers, posters, and a brochure. Fun stuff!
I had a birthday, too. It's been busy around here, lately. Have I mentioned that I love my life? It's true. (With new knees, I feel like I can conquer the world, even though I can not get down on those knees. Yet.)
I'm glad to report that the four author/producer projects have seen great progress.
1. Today, I uploaded audio files to ACX for Land of Milk and Honey: The Story of Glops, Book 6. The audiobook should be ready for listening in two weeks or so. This book is the most recently published book in the series. On Amazon, it is available in paperback and ebook formats. Paperbacks are available at Goodin's Jewelry and at the Burrowing Owl Bookstore, in Amarillo. Paperbacks will soon be at Pac & Mail Mailing Center and at Morton's Lumber/Ace Hardware in Borger. I'm waiting for more books, now, since I sold all of my first order. Great problem to have!
2. Balaam: The Story of Glops, Short Story 5a has been approved by ACX and is now available on Amazon and Audible. The story will soon be on iTunes. ACX has provided me with codes for free audiobooks to distribute. If you are interested in receiving yours, just let me know: email@example.com. Did I mention it's free? If you insist, you can always write raving reviews!
3. Ruth: The Story of Glops, Short Story 6a is written, edited, critiqued, and ready to be launched on August 3. That is the first Tuesday of next month. Hooray!
4. Slow Dancing with Hope has been submitted for inclusion to With Words We Weave: Hope, the 2022 Anthology of Short Stories by members of Texas High Plains Writers. This is a great group of extremely talented authors. All writers/authors/poets/journalists/etc. in the area need to be a part this exceptional group of scribblers.
It has been an exciting summer! In addition to my writing occupation, my husband and I have celebrated 30 years of marriage, and I have a momentus birthday on Saturday.
I love my life! I am blessed! May God bless you, too.
1 Ruth, a short story in the Glops series, is with the editor, with me, with the editor, with me ... It's almost finished. In the Holy Bible, the book of Ruth is a complete one hundred eighty degrees from the books of Joshua and Judges before it. It is the same way for The Story of Glops series. The Land of Milk and Honey involves the Israelites’ cycle of sin, numerous battles, wars, and lots of death. This short story, Ruth, is a welcome change. It is about women surviving their loss and grief. It focuses on devotion, hope, redemption, love, and family.
2. Slow Dancing with Hope is a short story for inclusion in the Texas High Plains Writers Short Story Anthology. The topic for this 2022 edition is "Hope." The guidelines state that the story can be 500 to 2500 words. I am almost finished with this little story of about 1800 words.
3. Balaam, Short Story 5a, in the Glops series is going to be an audiobook. I uploaded files to ACX last night. It should be ready to hear in two weeks.
4. Land of Milk and Honey, the newest book in the Glops series, is the next audiobook project. I have recordings for about half of the book. After making recordings for the entire book, I will go back into the recordings and add sound effects. It is a "work in progress."
I am having the best time writing and planning and advertising and signing books and ... Wow! This is fun!
I received "Ruth" back from my editor. I needed to make significant changes. So, I did, and sent it back to her. Then, I slept. When I woke up, I knew I needed to make more changes. Having done that, I have now sent it to my editor a third time. Here's hoping it's better.
mostly lost on me, but the terrain is exceptionally familiar, set in New Orleans, the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, Kansas, and southwestern Colorado. In Part II. Empty Quiver and Part III. Nucflash, the excitement escalates with vivid tactical actions including bullets and bodies, extremely well described by the author, and confusion as to who is on which side of the principal dilemma. Part IV wraps up the story satisfactorily, leaving room for the possibility of a sequel. I am pleased to give Divided States the five stars that Rick Treon has earned. Furthermore, I look forward to reading his next book.
Launch Day was Successful Thanks to You!
Look what you did! Thank you for getting my books, for reading them, for rating them, and for reviewing them. If you have not already done all those, you may do them anytime. Authors depend on ratings and reviews to get more visibility for our books online and in stores.
Now, I begin work on the next book,
Hearts of Three Kings: The Story of Glops, Book 7.
Read on to see how you can win a free copy of my short story in the Glops series.
The first ten people who email the answers to all three questions to me by noon (Central time) of Launch Day (Tuesday, June 1) will receive a free PDF of BALAAM: THE STORY OF GLOPS, SHORT STORY 5A.
Email me here: firstname.lastname@example.org